- Stainless Steel Cooking Pot: the T-fal company has replaced the no-stick cooking pot with an all stainless steel model. This is exactly what many consumers are looking for.
- 8.5 Quart Capacity: the large cooking pot is excellent for a big family.
- Proven Company: the T-Fall company is a recognized leader in cooking appliances 60 years. Information about the product is easily assessable online.
- Safety Mechanisms: the many safety features of this model include: a safe opening and closing system; pressure indicator; a quick steam release gasket; and riveted handles.
- Variable Pressure Settings: two settings,15 PSI and 10PSI, give the user more control over cooking.
T-fal P25144 Product Overview
The T-fal P25144 pressure cooker is a sleek, shiny stainless steel appliance with two pressure settings.
This stove-top pressure cooker has the quality and durability of traditional pressure cookers, but the T-fal P25144 exceeds its predecessors with enhanced safety and cooking features.
The safety features include:
- A safe opening and closing system. The lid seals tightly when the cooker is pressurized and cannot be opened again until the pressure inside the cooker diminishes.
- A pressure indicator that displays the pressure inside the cooker.
- A gasket that releases steam quickly and gives the user extra control of cooker pressure.
- Riveted handles so that the cooker can be carried safely.
Cooking with the T-fal P25144 is controlled by two pressure settings. These pressure options allow the cook to set the pressure so that foods are perfectly cooked. A 15 PSI setting cooks food quickly and at a high pressure. This has been the traditional pressure for pressure cookers. Most foods, including meats and stews, are cooked at 15 PSI. But vegetables cooked at 15 PSI are often mushy. Now with the variable setting of the T-Fall P25144, a user can select a lower pressure of 10 PSI for delicate foods like fish, seafood and vegetables. This allows these foods to maintain their texture and flavor.
Cooking with a pressure may sound complicated, if you have never used this one before. But cooking with this appliance is pretty straightforward. Simply put the food and liquid into the cooker, adjust the lid, and wait. Average pressure cooker times are amazingly quick: Brocolli that took 15 minutes traditionally will be ready in 2 minutes; white rice that took 20 minutes will be ready in 5 minutes; brown rice that took 40 minutes will be ready in 20; and soups that cooked 45 minutes, will be ready to eat in 12 minutes.
There are other advantages to the pressure cooker beside quick preparation. Nutritional value and flavors of the food are enhanced. Frozen food can be placed in the cooker without defrosting. And because cooking times are quicker using the pressure cooker, it is an energy-efficient appliance.
Cleanup is also easy with the T-fal P25144. The stainless steel cooking pot is dishwasher safe. The only piece that will wear is the lid gasket and the replacement is readily available on line.
The P25144 pressure cooker is produced by T-Fall. This company is highly regarded for pressure cookers, electrical cooking appliances, and other innovative products. T-Fal developed the original blend of aluminum and non-stick surface known as Teflon in 1954. This pressure cooker does not have a Teflon inner cooking pot, but is made entirely of stainless steel.
Our T-fal P25144 Review
Reviewers always talk about the roasts, ribs and stews that they make with their pressure cooker. They describe the succulent and tasty meat that is cooked this way. Almost like magic, frozen meat and inexpensive, tough cuts of meat are transformed by the pressure cooker into tasty, flavorful meals. But what if you don’t eat meat? Can a vegetarian use a pressure cooker?
Yes! Here are just a few recipes that can be cooked in the pressure cooker.
- A vegetable mélange including zucchini, tomatoes and onions
- Spaghetti squash
- Pasta with pesto
- Risotto with asparagus
- Bean Salad
Because pressure-cooked vegetables use less water than traditional forms of cooking, the veggies taste more flavorful.
The pressure cooker is also an excellent way to cook beans. You do not have to presoak beans with a pressure cooker. A black bean chili, made with dried beans and cooked in the pressure cooker can be ready to eat in just one hour.
So don’t think that pressure cookers are just for meat eaters! Vegetarian meals are also easy to prepare and simply delicious. The pressure cooker is just part of our way of live. Our family enjoys vegetables, soups, dips, and other meals— all made in our pressure cooker.
My Final Conclusion For The T-fal P25144
The T-fal P25144 Pressure Cooker is attractive, durable and safe. The two pressure settings give the user more control over cooking.
For those who are looking for a stove-top pressure cooker, this is an excellent choice. This unit is made of attractive and durable stainless steel. It is easy to use, safe, and easy to maintain. The dual pressures allow the cook to set more control over cook times. The only disadvantages are this model does not include a steamer basket or a recipe book